In addition to the human element, one way to improve our customer service is through the proper use of certain tools that will provide us with certain advantages for success ✅. We tell you below which ones are the best and how to get the most out of this resource. ✍. Improve customer service, read on!
Corporate customer service is a critical part of achieving complete customer satisfaction. To do this, our customers must always feel that they are being served correctly, politely, courteously and with agility. If we have dissatisfied customers, then it is clear that the customer service provided by our agents must be improved.
But … what is meant by customer service?
“It is a service offered by the company to interact with customers in order to obtain the desired information and/or service at the desired time.”
Recall that, in a company, customer service is not only the department that communicates directly with the customer to provide information about a service, request a service, make complaints and / or suggestions, … It is the set of departments or processes that make possible the interaction with the customer to provide the information and/or service requested.
Therefore, it will be decisive for the customer’s experience to be positive or negative. In the case of a negative experience, the factor that caused the dissatisfaction must be determined in order to improve customer service.
We must always be attentive to the needs and concerns of our customers, make the appropriate changes to improve customer service and, thus, offer them the best service.
As is well known, the main benefits are customer satisfaction and thus increased sales, but there are more and we will discuss them all here. In addition, we will provide you with metrics that will help you to improve customer service through the web and the PBX.
If you already have your own PBX and you think that the customer service of your company can not be improved, you may be interested in knowing what are the obligations you have regarding the new regulations of the RGPD and the LGPD.
What actions can a company take to improve customer service?
For a correct customer service, commercial actions must be carried out to provide full satisfaction to the customer after the conversation with the company.
To achieve this, we are going to provide you with some very useful tips that will undoubtedly improve the experiences of your customers, which will be reflected in an increase in sales. Some of the tips that will help you with customer satisfaction and achieve the success of the company are:
- Provide employees with all the information about the services offered by the company in order to be able to inform customers correctly.
- To empathize with customers.
- To have an optimized customer service support (a call center software).
- Resolve customer issues quickly.
- Fulfill the promises made by the company.
- Personalize as much as possible the service provided.
- Have qualified workers for the position.
- Use simple language that the customer can understand (do not use technical words).
- Be polite even if we are receiving complaints or claims.
- Empower your customer service employees so that they have autonomy to solve problems that arise with the customer.
- Perform teamwork across the entire customer service department.
What are the benefits of improving customer service in a company?
As we mentioned at the beginning, optimal customer service by the company’s staff generates positive customer experiences, which translates into increased sales and profitability for the company. When you manage to keep customer satisfaction at the highest level and exceed their expectations, you get benefits such as:
- Increased customer loyalty
- Increased profitability and sales.
- Increased sales to the same customer.
- Generate a greater predisposition to contract more services.
- Attraction of indirect customers thanks to the referrals made by satisfied customers (word of mouth).
- Reduction of sales to the same customer.
- Increase in sales to the same customer.
- Increase in customer acceptance and trust indexes.
- Stand out from the competition.
- Enhances the work environment (low employee turnover).
- Improves productivity.
- Fewer complaints and claims.
- More new customers.
What tools to use to improve customer service?
Customer service can provide us with all those benefits if the right tools are used that allow us to improve service. What tools are those? That is what we will discuss next, the different tools and/or metrics that are going to help us offer the customer a satisfactory experience with our service.
Those metrics should give us information about:
- Chatbots (chat on the website): is an online service, available 24 hours a day, which provides the customer with an immediate response in the customer’s language.
- Click to call (call me back button): allows the sales consultant to connect via telephone with the customer during the purchase process to resolve any doubts about the service.
- Voice assistants: such as Siri, Alexa and Echo help the customer when searching for services and purchasing them.
- Integration with WhatsApp
- Web contact form: allows customers to request information from the contact page or by clicking on a “call to action” such as “more info”, “learn more” or “contact”.
- CALL – CENTER: is a virtual IP PBX that allows you to make and receive calls through VoIP technology, it incorporates all the features of an advanced PBX such as:
- Set welcome messages
- Setting on-hold music
- Activate voicemail
- Manage queues
- Present the company’s departments
- IVR (Immediate Voice Response)
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management): Allows you to keep track of customers to improve their experience with the company.
- Hybrid Chat: Offers customers the possibility to talk to a real or virtual agent. In the case of talking to a virtual agent, the virtual agent passes the conversation to the real agent, who picks up where he/she left off so that he/she doesn’t have to ask the customer again.
- Statistics: help companies to make an efficient call distribution, reduce waiting times through artificial intelligence, …
They are essential tools that every company must have to offer an optimal customer experience with customer service, since, as we saw before, they are the key to increase profitability with a low budget for the marketing department.
In Gesditel, we have all of them to make them available to our customers. Many companies have already counted on us to improve their customer service. What about you, would you like to improve your customer service?
If you are interested in having in your company any of these tools to improve the customer service provided by your business, count on us, we have what you need. Optimize it to the maximum and enjoy all its benefits, do not hesitate to contact us, we will assist you without obligation.
We hope this article has been of great use to you and that you manage to improve the service you provide to the customer to the maximum to offer the best quality to users in order to satisfy the customer and increase the profitability of the company with a low cost.