Zoiper Manual: ⭐ One way to optimize processes in your company and improve your company’s profitability is to install the Softphone system. This time we will tell you about Zoiper ☎: what it is and how to install and configure this system ✍ step by step.Attention!
There is a wide variety of Softphone with VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) solutions for businesses with both free and paid versions.
They are of great value for those who want to offer quality daily communication with their customers, save on costs and streamline work. But, without a doubt, the most recommended cross-platform VoIP software solution is Zoiper.
It is a softphone created to work with your IP communication systems based on the SIP protocol, that is, to work with virtual PBXs. It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome browsers and has versions for all existing platforms.
Therefore, it is an interesting tool for many companies. For that reason, we are going to detail in a simple and practical way with illustrative images the manual Zoiper for Android, Zoiper for iOS, Zoiper for Windows Phone, Zoiper for Windows, Zoiper for Mac and Zoiper for Linux.
In short, this is a program capable of making calls, using VoIP technology, from one computer or phone to another that has the same program installed (the Zoiper softphone). In addition, it allows you to make calls to conventional telephones.
Remember that currently, Zoiper softphone has a free version (whose license does not allow commercial use), and the paid version (PRO) for business use that only requires a one-time payment of 49.95 € per user (official manufacturer’s price, plus VAT).
To use it you only need 3 things: a computer, tablet or cell phone, an internet connection and a VoIP phone number.
What are the Advantages of using Zoiper Pro Softphone?
Of course, the most complete version of Zoiper softphone and therefore offers more advantages to companies is the PRO version (paid). For that reason we are going to explain the advantages of Zoiper PRO and they are:
- Saving in equipment: it eliminates the cost of having fixed telephony equipment, you only need a computer, tablet or cell phone.
- Total compatibility: it is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux for computers, Android and iOS for mobiles.
- Enables BYOD (bring your own device): each employee can use their own device (computer, cell phone or tablet) to work.
- Phonebook integration: easily integrates with your device’s phonebook offering quick and easy dialing and caller identification.
- Click to call from web pages: allows you to call any web page that displays a phone number.
- Copy and paste numbers: allows you to select a phone number to copy and then paste it into the call window. Eliminates dialing errors and saves time.
- Integration with CRM: can be integrated with other applications already installed such as CRM thus offering the possibility to make and receive calls by displaying the customer’s record.
- Call recording: record part or all of the call.
- Automate call reception: allows you to answer the call without picking up the phone or pressing a button. It is very useful if our function is to answer the phone, we gain in productivity.
- Improves sound: reduces background noise and eliminates echoes.
It also offers the typical functions of conventional professional phones such as: call waiting, caller ID registration, ignoring incoming calls, making multiple calls and video calls, …
As you may have noticed, Zoiper Pro offers multiple features focused on intensive use and small call-centers. Also, it is a simple and very easy to use software, since its interface is very simple and intuitive, as well as its installation and configuration.
Although if your VoIp provider is Gesditel and at some point you have problems, our technical support will advise you and solve your doubts.
How to download Zoiper 5 Free on computer, Android and iOS?
You can enjoy the free version of Zoiper 5 for non-commercial use by downloading the version that corresponds to your computer or phone from the official Zoiper page.
Once you’re logged in, find the version you need for your computer (Zoiper Windows or Window, Zoiper Mac, or Zoiper Linux) or for your cell phone (Zoiper ISO or Zoiper Android). Then click on the DOWN button on the side of your version.
How to install Zoiper?
How to install Zoiper on computer?
On all computer versions, when you have downloaded the version you need, you will have in the DOWN FOLDER of your computer an executable file. If it has been downloaded as a compressed folder (ZIP) you must unzip it and extract the file to be able to install it.
Now with the right button of your mouse click on the file/package and click OPEN WITH PACKAGE INSTALLER.
How to install Zoiper on mobile phone?
Unlike with computers, the Zoiper app for Android and iOS does not require specific actions to install the app. This is because on mobile devices the installation is performed automatically after downloading.
How to configure Zoiper?
How to configure Zoiper for Android?
When making the Zoiper manual to properly configure the softphone on an Android device we have decided to make 2 versions:
- Android phone with an operating system whose version is prior to 2018.
- Android phone with an operating system whose version is from 2018 onwards.
Version 2018 onwards
1. Open the Zoiper app and go to SETTINGS.
How to configure Zoiper for iOS?
- Account name: GESDITEL.
- Domain: gesditel-gesditel.vpbx.me
- User: your extension
- Password: your password to access your SIP account
6. To finish, go back to SETTINGS, and look for INCOMING CALLS. When you enter make sure you have enabled the 2 options shown in the image.
How to configure Zoiper for Windows, Mac and Linux Computer?
When configuring your Zoiper Softphone on your computer, it doesn’t matter if your operating system is Windows, Mac or Linux, because the configuration process is the same and the data you must enter as well.
For that reason, the configuration process is the same. For that reason, the steps and illustrative images you will see below will work regardless of your computer’s operating system.
1. When you open the Zoiper application on your computer you will see this image. In it you must enter your username (example: [email protected]) and your password.
Once you have entered them correctly (check it), click on the ACCESS (LOGIN) button.
2. Enter your provider’s details. In the case of being a GESDITEL customer you must enter: gesditel-gesditel.vpbx.me When you have entered it, check it and then press the NEXT (NEXT) button.
3. This screen is optional so you can automatically hit Skip (SKIP).
4. Next, it will show you the configuration found for your account. You will need to select the one that is set to green. Usually it will be the SIP configuration. When you have selected it press NEXT (NEXT)
How to configure Microphone, Audio and Camera in Zoiper softphone?
1. Having hit next in the last step of the previous section, you will get this screen to configure Zoiper Microphone, Audio and Camera on the computer. Now you must hit CONFIGURE (CONFIGURE).
2. Now you will be prompted to test the Audio, so hit START TEST.
3. For the test you will get a sound and you will have to check YES (YES) if you hear or NO if you don’t hear anything. When you hear remember to hit YES.
4. Next, after verifying the audio it will move you to test the microphone. To do this you must click on START TEST (START TEST).
5. Same as with audio, when the program hears you, it will detect your sound and you should check if the slider reacts according to your voice. When it recognizes it, press YES (YES).
6. Finally, you will need to test the camera. It will be the screen you get after verifying the microphone. You will need to perform the same process as with AUDIO and MICROPHONE.
Therefore, you will click START TEST and then click on YES (YES) if it shows your image captured by the camera on the screen.
How to Configure a SIP Account in Zoiper?
1. To set up the account, click on the name of your ACTIVATED ACCOUNT (it has a green tick to the left of the account).
2. Now we will go to the top right of the screen and enter ADVANCED (ADVANCED).
3. To finish, you will get a new screen where you should look for the NETWORK RELATED options. Once located you must indicate the following:
- Transport (Transport): TCP
- Custom registration expiry mode (Registration Expiry mode): Custom
- Registration expiry (Registration expiry): 7060
The rest of the dropdowns will be left as they are. When you are done click the arrow that takes you to the previous step and it will ask you to save the changes, hit ACCEPT TO SAVE.
What are the Solutions to problems with Zoiper?
If you have done the steps correctly you should not have any problems. But you can always miss a checkbox or a step, which then causes problems using the Zoiper Softphone. The most common among customers are:
* Zoiper does not register correctly.
If when registering your SIP Account in Zoiper it does not register and gives you a registration error the problem is that you have not entered the data correctly (you have typed something wrong) and, therefore, your provider rejects the connection of your account.
Check well the data (username, password and SIP server) when you enter them. This is the most common error, the solution is to re-enter the data correctly. If the problem continues then:
- Try using another Internet connection. If you are using Wifi, reboot the router. If the problem persists and you have recently changed router, disable the SIP ALG option of your router.
- Change the transport protocol from TCP to UDP (or vice versa): the steps with Settings → Accounts → Account selection → Network settings → Transport type → TCP/UDP → SAVE
- Enable STUN Server: the steps are Settings → Accounts → Select account → Network Settings → Network Settings → Use STUN → Default
* When they call me Zoiper doesn’t ring The Zoiper softphone not ringing when a call is coming in to you can be for several reasons:
- You have not given the phone permission to notify calls. Phone settings → Notification center. Now find the Zoiper app and give it permission.
- You have not enabled Zoiper to run in the background. If you do not receive calls when you are out of the app you have to set it to run in the background by performing the last step of the settings for Android and/or iOS.
*You can’t hear me / No audio
If when you receive or make calls with Zoiper you are not heard the problem is in the microphone or the Internet connection you have at that moment. To solve it you must:
- Check microphone access:on the phone you will have to go to Settings → Privacy → Microphone and give Zoiper permission to use the microphone. If you are using Zoiper on the computer and they are not listening to you verify that the microphone is working properly.
- Check if the problem is in the Internet connection. Switch from Wifi to 3G/4G or vice versa and verify that they hear you. If so, change the transport protocol from TCP to UDP: Config → accounts → your sip account → Network settings → transport type → TCP.
* If you do not receive calls with Zoiper
With the Zoiper application on cell phones it is normal that from time to time you do not receive calls. The cause is the loss of connection due to network changes, power saving, …
To avoid this you should force reconnection every 3 minutes. To avoid it and have a continuous reception of calls, companies opt for more stable voip solutions such as Zoiper on computer, IP phones or integrate the PBX on the cell phone for users with total mobility.
As you may have noticed downloading, installing and configuring Zoiper Sofphone on your phone or computer is very simple by following these illustrated steps.
From Gesditel we work to make your work in the company easier and the results you get are getting better and better. We hope that this is the best way to make your work in the company easier.
We hope this Zoipero Manual has been very useful information for you and you have been able to learn how to configure your softphone without difficulty.