Resumen de contenidos
In today’s article, we will show you how to configure the network of your company’s telephone terminals ✍ so that employees can comfortably perform their telework without any difficulty. ⭐ Continue reading!
Due to the health crisis situation we are going through because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), there are many companies that have a virtual switchboard and are considering that their employees perform telework.
To do this, you have to correctly configure the IP of the telephone terminal of each of your employees so that they can take the telephone terminal to their respective homes and connect it to the Internet.
Although it seems something very complicated to do, in reality, you only have to perform a few simple steps that we will explain below. With this, we will change the IPv4 of the terminal from static mode (or fixed) to dynamic mode.
In case you already have configured the IP of the phone in dynamic mode, you will not have to do anything, just take it home and connect it to the Internet. AND ….! The employee can now telework. These steps are valid for Gesditel customers as well as for any company that has an IP telephone system.
In our case, we are going to explain it with Yealink terminals, because they are the ones we normally work with. Specifically, with the SIP-T21 P E2 and the SIP-T27 G. You may be interested in knowing the functions, codes and how to perform a blind transfer and/or an accepted transfer with these telephone terminals.
In addition, companies that have a PBX have the option of using Softphone. What is it, what does it consist of, which one is the most recommended…? Now we will see.
What do I have to do to configure the IP of my telephone terminal?
To configure the IP of your terminal, you must follow the steps listed below: 1. From our main screen, we press the MENU button.
2. Using the directional buttons, we search for SETTINGS and press the ENTER button.
3. Using the directional buttons, search for ADVANCED SETTINGS, and press the ENTER button.
4. We enter the password provided by our operator as it was given to us, respecting upper and lower case, and press the ACCEPT button.
5. Using the directional buttons, we search for NETWORK, and press the ENTER button.
6. Using the directional buttons, we search for WAN PORT, and press the ENTER button.
7. We will get this screen.
8. We press the directional buttons, search for IPv4, and press the ENTER button.
9. Using the directional buttons, we search for DHCP IPv4 (or Dynamic DHCP) and press the ENTER button.
10. Using the directional buttons, we look for the DISABLED option and press the SAVE button.
11. If we have done it correctly, we will get this message.
What are the advantages of using a Softphone to telework?
In order to explain the benefits obtained by companies that have a PBX when working with Softphone we will need to know what it is, how it works, what we need to do to have it, …
Softphone “Is a software (computer program) used to make calls over the Internet with other softphones or other conventional telephones using IP, VoIP or ToIP.”
In other words, it is part of a Voice over IP system that can be either standard SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) or proprietary with closed, proprietary standards. In addition, this software can be installed on PCs (desktop and laptop), Tablets and Smartphones, so the communication possibilities will be very broad.
And, by transforming the phone into a multimedia device, it also has the capacity to store voice, data and images. To enjoy its features, we just need to download the software and install it correctly. Then we will turn on the microphone and speakers, access our account, enter the password, and we can use it.
WATCH OUT! Do not forget that we must ask our provider for the SIP credentials of each user so that they can telework. And that if we are going to take the phone home we do not need the Softphone so we will have to uninstall it. The most outstanding benefits for companies that have employees telecommuting are:
- It is much more flexible by having IP protocols.
- It allows calls to be made using software.
- No physical device or telephone terminal is needed to receive or make VoIP calls.
- The software can be installed on any device.
- No cost at all.
- It does not require a license to connect or hardware.
- It allows you to make video calls and stream a conference call.
- You can use your PC, Tablet or cell phone while the call is in progress.
Which software is the most recommended for Softphone?
There is a wide variety of applications to run a Softphone, but from Gesditel we recommend the use of JITSI. Formerly known as SIP, it is a videoconferencing, VoIP and instant messaging application available for Windows, Linux, Mac, Ubuntu and Debian with features for professionals.
It is a free and open source software and is available for Windows, Linux, Mac, Ubuntu and Debian with features for professionals.
It is widely used by users who have several SIP accounts and use them simultaneously because they need to identify which SIP account/number is calling them at any given moment. In addition, it allows you to select which SIP account to use for each outgoing call.
The application is available for download and have it on the device. In this case we must configure it well. When we have downloaded, installed and opened it for the first time we must enter the data of our SIP account.
To do this we must enter the user and server followed (extensió[email protected]). The extension is composed of several. Example:
Among the main advantages of JITSI to carry out teleworking, we highlight:
- It allows you to make transfers
- It offers the possibility of registering several accounts.
- It is able to identify which account is being called.
- It allows you to select which account you want to call.
- It tells you which account you want to call.
- Makes recordings of calls in mp3 or WAV format on the computer.
- Makes video calls.
- It has storage to save a contact list and call log.
From the Gesditel team, we hope you have found it very useful and that you have not had any complications when changing the configuration of the telephone terminal of each of the employees of your switchboards so that they can telework without difficulty.
If you have any questions or queries, we are at your disposal. You only have to contact with us through any of the means of communication that we have enabled for you.